Skip to main content

Totally Bustin' My Hump

As if my chubby gnawed fingernail little boy hands don't look bad enough, you wouldn't believe how my poor hands look now. I've spent the last week sewing until my fingers might fall off, BUT it paid off. I managed to take 20 somethin' bears to the Spruill Gallery for their Holiday Artist Market. YAY bears!
The gallery is in this awesome old house off Ashford Dunwoody Road in Atlanta. It has hardwood floors that look like they've seen many years of visitors and you just get a real sense of coziness when you're there. My girl swears the place is haunted though. She stood on the steps outside and tried to convince me......she was "totally creeped out...I just got this really odd feeling in there Mom". YES! She totally just gave me some ammunition! Now, whenever she gets all sass mouth with me, I'm gonna tell her if is she doesn't watch it, I'm gonna drop her off at the gallery and make her spend the night! Mwahahahahaha!!!! That'll teach her.Of course, her brother comes out all actin' like he's possessed by some crazy ghost that dances and makes weird noises which only freaks her out even more.......
I don't know if the place is haunted or not, but it's definitely a unique place for an art gallery.

While I was there, I talked briefly with the curator who asked if I happened to make Christmas stockings. "Uh, no, but I totally can". AND I totally will!!! I love the challenge of making new things and it kinda lights a fire under my ass knowing I gotta have 'em done by THIS FREAKIN' WEEKEND!!! Here's just a few I did yesterday. I still need to come up with a few ideas, but I think I've gotten off to a pretty good start.
Let's just hope I can get a decent amount there before the market opens to the public!


Here's the downlo on it:
Holiday Artist Market
Dec. 5th – 24th, 2008

Opening reception
Thur, Dec 4, 20086:00 – 9:00 p.m.

Market Hours
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.Monday – Saturday

Family Day
Sunday, December 1411:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Bring your kids for some fun art-making, holiday fun!

Comments

Loopy said…
AHHHH!! Those are so cute.. in an adorable scarred monster 'I'm staring at you' kinda way!
Stitchblade said…
Great job on the stockings!

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s

Fluffidermy!

I would say 90% of my friends are into buyin' taxidermy. The stuff that lined the walls of my family's homes is more popular than ever! The difference bein' that my family shot that junk themselves and proudly displayed their trophies and ate the rest.... Seein' as how the closest I get to huntin' is huntin' the best deals possible on groceries and I can barely afford toilet paper these days taxidermy ain't gonna find itself to the already awesome walls of my house anytime soon. HOWEVER...... You know, I've been makin' my Battle Scrarred Bears again and in the midst of all the hubub over taxidermy, I decided to start puttin' their sweet little heads on plaques.....and voila!......my own dadgum taxidermy........FLUFFIDERMY!!! I've seen lots of other crafty made....uhhhh....idermy, and even proudly display feltidermy by girlsavage on one of my walls. Fluffidermy is my spin on the awesome that is stuffed craft ...idermy!.....and dammit....ev