Skip to main content

Sew What?

Clever use of words there huh? Yeah, not really. I'm bored. I need to be home sewing. I have SO MUCH sewing I need to do. I gotta have all my bears to the Spruill Gallery by the 22nd and still don't have poo done.

I'm still finding it hard to get motivated to spend hours upon hours sewing these little creatures when no one is buying them in the first place. I've had just a few up on etsy for months now and they've just sat there.

The whiney self concious part of me thinks that people are so over my bears...."Oh My Gah, those are SO last year" is what I imagine they're saying. Who "they" are, I have no idea.

Then, there are all the other voices (not the one's on my head, these voices are from actual people!) telling me to not be discouraged. They say it's like those for most everyone. The economy blows. No one's buying anything. Ok, then why bust my ass to get it all done? I got other things to do yo.
Combine it all and it really comes down to the fact that I've just been making excuses for not sewing. Today though, today is different. You know what I say today? I say so what! Yeah, so what that the stinkin' economy blows? So what that I have a hundred million things I need to be doin'? So what if I'm only one person and am only capable of doin' so damn much? SO FREAKIN' WHAT!?!?!
I got sewin' to do. Anybody wanna help?!?!






Comments

Lori said…
Keep on truckin! I'm gonna try to get my wares up there too! I must make a note to contact them again.

I'm glad you're writing regularly now. Its rockin!

Popular posts from this blog

Where I'm At

I have no internet access at work and it's killin' me. It's nuts how hooked on that shit I am! I'm used to havin' Facebook open all day.....chattin' with friends, lookin' at all the stupid shit posted.....no mas. One day, I'm gonna go missin' and my new co-workers are gonna find me huddled in a corner rockin' back and forth droolin' on myself mumblin' somethin' about Facebook destroyin' my life. I hope they just put me outta my misery right then and there.......

Unfortunately, my blog's gonna take the biggest hit. I've always blogged from from work. It was nice and quiet and I could THINK which is somethin' that's dang near impossible to do at home. This whole havin' a husband and kids thing doesn't really afford me the time or the quiet I need to write.

Today though I decided I don't really care about all those hours of Facebook updates. They were amusing at work, but once I'm at home, ehhh...…

Speakin' of Idiocy

When I was 14, a friend told me they had taken the word gullible out of the dictionary. I asked "why?"..... she said "You're so gulllible"...I said "yeah, whatever...now why did they take the word out of the dictionary?" Again, she said "You're so gullible." ........"fine, I'm gullible...now why the hell'd they take the damn word outta the diction....."
Then it hit me. I got it. I'd never felt more like an idiot than I did at that very moment.
I'd like to think of myself as a pretty smart chick....maybe not in the book sense, but at least in COMMONsense. However.....I took things to a whole new level of idiocy that day....and I ain't proud to say it, but I FAR surpassed that today...and despite the fact that I haven't blogged in MONTHS, I felt the need to share just what a gullible idiot I can be.
.....and so it goes.....
Today on my lunch break I picked up a Creative Loafing. I'm just readin'…

Adam's Obit and Guestbook

The AJC posted an awesome article about Adam and Saturday night. Somebody finally got it right....mostly. Like everything else, it'll make you cry.

His Obituary has also been posted. There are a lot of great positive messages that have been left in the Guestbook.


A friend of mine sent me this picture from Saturday night. There's a lot I'd like to say about it, but it just ain't comin' out yet.



The viewing will be at Wages Funeral home on 78, Tuesday from 4pm-8pm.The Funeral will be Wednesday at 11am at Wages with burial @ 5pm in Leesburg, Ga.Wages Funeral Home, 3705 Highway 78 W, Snellville, GA 30039, (770) 979-3200