Skip to main content

My Filter

I was recently asked whether or not I ever filter what I say. Oh, hell yes I do! My big mouth MUST be under restraints at all times.

I've been told more than once (ok more than 1,000 times) in my life that I have diarrhea of the mouth so if I didn't filter what I said, people wouldn't speak to me, like ever. I would be hated strictly because of my opinions, which are usually horrible and I choose to keep 90% of them to myself. I can always point and laugh at someone and tell someone how completely stupid I think they are right in my little own head and there is absolutely no harm done. It's a win win situation!

I've learned that there really aren't that many people out there who wanna hear things straight up. Most people prefer pillow squishy versions of things. Say, you have this friend and you tell her that her boyfriend smells like ass juice and the only reason they don't notice is because they too smell like ass juice then you can pretty much count on that person no longer being your friend. Just go buy them some soap and tell them it's the best soap you've ever smelled and you think they'd really like it. (No, I don't know anyone that smells like ass juice, but that'd be totally gross and I'm not sure I'd be able to keep my mouth shut on that one).

I've learned over the years that they're are varying degrees of censorship that I place on myself. The only person that I am 100% censorship free with is myself. After almost losing my job several months back over my mouth, I am most censored while at work. Then there are different levels of censorship I place on myself with different friends. There are some of my friends that I can say pretty much anything to, I just sorta rearrange things a bit before they spew outta my mouth. Then there are the friends that I rearrange for, but I also leave a lot out. Then there is my husband. He's always had to deal with the brunt of it all. Have you ever held a fart in all day while you're around people then you get to your car and let it all out? Well, J is like my car. I've held that shit in all day and when I see him I let it all out. He must think that I'm totally off my freakin' rocker. I guess though that he's probably used to it by now even though I'm sure he's glanced at the duct tape on more than one occasion and considered using it.

At the end of the day, what the hell makes me the authority on the smell of ass juice? Just because I think something, that doesn't make it necessary to be said aloud. At one time in my life I knew that I knew everything and had to let everyone else know. Now, not so much. I mean I still know everything, but I'm pretty comfortable sittin' back and lettin' people make total fools outta themselves and if I have THAT much of a problem with the way someone smells, looks, talks or anything else, I can just not be around them. Wow, how grown up of me. It only took me like 20 years to start considering that people have feelings. I think I shall give myself a big fat high five for that one!

From the words of my mother: "If you ain't got nothin' nice to say, then don't say nothin' at all"......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s

Fluffidermy!

I would say 90% of my friends are into buyin' taxidermy. The stuff that lined the walls of my family's homes is more popular than ever! The difference bein' that my family shot that junk themselves and proudly displayed their trophies and ate the rest.... Seein' as how the closest I get to huntin' is huntin' the best deals possible on groceries and I can barely afford toilet paper these days taxidermy ain't gonna find itself to the already awesome walls of my house anytime soon. HOWEVER...... You know, I've been makin' my Battle Scrarred Bears again and in the midst of all the hubub over taxidermy, I decided to start puttin' their sweet little heads on plaques.....and voila!......my own dadgum taxidermy........FLUFFIDERMY!!! I've seen lots of other crafty made....uhhhh....idermy, and even proudly display feltidermy by girlsavage on one of my walls. Fluffidermy is my spin on the awesome that is stuffed craft ...idermy!.....and dammit....ev