Skip to main content

For The Love of God!

This is gonna be a little touchy for some people, but it's something that gets under my skin and ya know opinions are like assholes, we all got one....so I'm gonna share mine.....my opinion, not my asshole...thanks.

Several years ago, I knew a lady who had written a book about her struggles in life and how her faith in God helped her through them. Normally, you wouldn't catch me dead with this sorta book (afraid I'd might burn in hell with the things I'd be thinking as reading it), but the book was given to me as a gift from the author so I figured I'd at least be nice enough to read it.


In one of the chapters she talked about how broke she was. She had less than $2 to her name. She needed to buy formula for her baby (I thought "you know that's what God gave you them udders for" but whatevs) and on top of that she would have to tythe 10% that morning in church. She said she had actually struggled with what to do, tythe or buy her baby food. She tythed the money she had and said she felt it would be God's will to make sure he baby was fed.

WHAT THE F*CK? ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME?

I knew I did NOT just read that. Oh yes, yes I had. My eyeballs damn near fell outta my head, but I had totally just read that. God don't need your money! You're baby needs FOOD! Holy shit! Anyhow, she goes on further to say that when she got home her mother had brought her some groceries including food for the baby. To her, that was God providing for her. Uh, no. That was your mother providing for you, because she is a mother and that's what mother's do! They provide for their kids!!!

I could go on and on about organized religion....the guilt that's put on you and the hipocracy of most everyone involved, but I don't feel like shit talkin'. Amazing, I know. I think we all make our own future and our future is made by our decisions. God does not make your life go one way or another. Things are gonna happen that are completely out of our control, but how we handle those situations makes us who we are. Going to church everytime it's open does not make anybody any better than anyone else. Saying that God is your love and savior ain't gonna make a dern bit of difference at the end of your day. It's the decions you've made throughout your day. What's gonna happen is gonna happen. It's who YOU are that dictates your life. Not God.

I don't know what exactly I believe in. I have my thoughts and beliefs, but they're personal as I believe religious beliefs should be. I know I'm a realist and want proof of everything before I can say it's true or not. I do believe in a higher power, but I don't know what it is. I might be my own higher power or it might be a God. I dunno. What I do know is that since I stopped having such sour grapes about everything in my life, my life has changed.

The end. I'm tired of writing this and I feel like poo today and I've totally irritated myself.....so...moving on.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I happen to agree whole heartedly with you on this. I use to be a morman and had all that bullshit shoved up my ass and down my throat....speaking of asses....why won't you share yours with me!!!??? lol j/k
I also agree with the remark about how we make our own paths in life by the decisions we make. the whole tithing thing....yea been there and done that. i guess if they believe it strongly enough...then good for them.

and feeding the baby....yea that's what those two huge things we get to lug around are for. duh!

dottie

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s

Fluffidermy!

I would say 90% of my friends are into buyin' taxidermy. The stuff that lined the walls of my family's homes is more popular than ever! The difference bein' that my family shot that junk themselves and proudly displayed their trophies and ate the rest.... Seein' as how the closest I get to huntin' is huntin' the best deals possible on groceries and I can barely afford toilet paper these days taxidermy ain't gonna find itself to the already awesome walls of my house anytime soon. HOWEVER...... You know, I've been makin' my Battle Scrarred Bears again and in the midst of all the hubub over taxidermy, I decided to start puttin' their sweet little heads on plaques.....and voila!......my own dadgum taxidermy........FLUFFIDERMY!!! I've seen lots of other crafty made....uhhhh....idermy, and even proudly display feltidermy by girlsavage on one of my walls. Fluffidermy is my spin on the awesome that is stuffed craft ...idermy!.....and dammit....ev