Skip to main content

I Got A Bad Case of Spring Fever....

....and as it turns out, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. SIX MORE FREAKIN' WEEKS OF WINTER. Psht. Winter, schminter. We don't get winter here anymore. If it would actually get cold here and actually SNOW here, I would be all for six more weeks of winter. However, no matter what the stupid weatherman says, winter weather continues to elude us.

Winter so far has just been kinda chilly and just dries the hell out of my skin. There's nothin' like layin' in bed and all of a sudden gettin' that pin prick itch feeling of dry skin on your back just outta reach AND the awesomeness of a dry face that just wants to peel and look all nasty. I hate you Georgia winters....you do NOTHING for me.

I remember when I was a kid, we had snow days every year. Remember those? We'd put on long johns and two pair of pants, 3 shirts, wrap our feet in ziplock bags and put on 3 pairs of socks and head outside where we'd stay until the snot had frozen to our faces and our gloves were soaked through. Frostbite would be minutes away before we'd step foot back in the house. Man I loved snow days.

My kids have no idea what snow days are. They have nothing to miss, because they've never actually gotten a snow day that they can remember. Last year, we got one day of decent snow. Not awesome, just decent, and it was on a Saturday. By Sunday, it was gone. Several years ago, we'd actually take the boy up into the Tennessee mountains just so he could see snow......we can't even do that now. Even the mountains aren't gettin' snow now.

After the awesome almost 60 degree day we had this past weekend, I'm SO ready for Spring. I had a slight case of spring cleaning which my house needed terribly. Then the longing to drive Bess set in. Good music blarin' with the windows down.

Poor Bess has just been sittin' in the garage all sad and stuff. I'd drive her more often, but not so long ago one of the "a/c" vent doors (little vents under the dash that let fresh air in) fell off blasting in bits of rust, leaves and other shit that had been compiling in that little area for the past forty-five years. All the gunk has been blasted out, but now when you're drivin' down the road the cool winter air is dang near freezin' comin' in on your knees. No bueno my friends, no bueno. Oh how I miss driving her.

Everyone always makes plans to work on their cars during the winter months. Not us. You gotta have money to do that. Money that I'd rather be puttin' somewhere else right now. Although, I have been constantly on the look out for a working merc-o-matic transmission or a 5 bolt bellhousing for for a c-4 trans. My transmission has hit this shits and I'd rather not have to deal with having it rebuilt. It's still tolerable, but dang.....SO, if you read this and you know where I can find either at a DECENT (I heavily stress DECENT) price, let me know. I've come across the bellhousing I need a couple times in the past few months, but the people want WAY too much money for them. I mean like an ASS TON for them. I know they're hard to find yo, but shit....cut a girl a deal. It pisses me off that people are always lookin' to make an ass ton of money off that one part you need instead of just being awesome about it and sharing a common passion for old cars. It totally pisses me off. Whenever we've had somethin' that someone else has needed, we either given it to them or practically given it to them. Whatever. Some people are just shit.

Now that that rant is done and over with......C'Mon Spring!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I remember that half a snowday last year! I have pictures from it and it was during and after a baby shower that I had planned. I have pictures from the snowball fight! Good times. :)

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s

Fluffidermy!

I would say 90% of my friends are into buyin' taxidermy. The stuff that lined the walls of my family's homes is more popular than ever! The difference bein' that my family shot that junk themselves and proudly displayed their trophies and ate the rest.... Seein' as how the closest I get to huntin' is huntin' the best deals possible on groceries and I can barely afford toilet paper these days taxidermy ain't gonna find itself to the already awesome walls of my house anytime soon. HOWEVER...... You know, I've been makin' my Battle Scrarred Bears again and in the midst of all the hubub over taxidermy, I decided to start puttin' their sweet little heads on plaques.....and voila!......my own dadgum taxidermy........FLUFFIDERMY!!! I've seen lots of other crafty made....uhhhh....idermy, and even proudly display feltidermy by girlsavage on one of my walls. Fluffidermy is my spin on the awesome that is stuffed craft ...idermy!.....and dammit....ev