Skip to main content

Finally. Snow.

Growin' up, we always had a "snow day" or two every single year. We'd watch the news until the last minute before our bedtime, prayin' that our school would be on the list of school closings and the second we saw it was, we headed for bed anxious for the next day to get here already.



We'd get up at the ass crack of dawn and start layerin' the shit out of our clothes. We'd put ziploc baggies over our socks before we put on our shoes and then we'd head for the garage to grab a trash can lid so we could hit the hill in the neighbor's yard. We'd stay out for HOURS. Our fingers would damn near be fallin' off by the time we got back in. The thawin' out process was excruciating, but as soon as we had a bowl of ramen in our bellies and had somewhat regained the feelin' in our fingers, we headed right back out.



Man those were the days.

Now, whenever snow's mentioned on the news, it's in the EXTREME northern part of the state. We've only had a dusting a couple times over the years, and if it were anything more, it was all gone by the time mid-afternoon rolled around.....lame. Our kids just don't get to experience snow days......



...that was until this past weekend!


This weekend, we got enough snow for our kids to be able to actually have a snow day! Well, the boy kinda just looked at the snow and pushed it around with his foot before he headed back in the house to play video games, but the girl was out in it for hours. At first, it didn't even occur to me to grab my camera. I just wanted to get out and play.



I didn't last as long as I did when I was a kid though. With fingers and toes frozen and snot drippin' outta my nose, I went in to warm up a bit after just about an hour of bein' out. By the time I got back out with my camera, the girl had disappeared with her friends so I had to wait to get some pictures of her.


Here's a few pictures I took.....

Not the wisest choice in shoes, but my boots were still soaked so.....


.....and of course, like I said before, Tina LOVES takin' her baby wolf cat out when there's even the slightest bit of snow......

....and it was Wheezy's very first snow. She loved it. Our other two dogs could care less....but Wheezy ran around all pickin' up snow in her mouth and throwin' it up in the air.....it was the cutest thing ever.....

.....my snow man.....snow depresses him.....

The girl was playin' with her friends and the boy didn't wanna come out of his room.....so I played with dolls.....or doll heads...whatever.....

By the time I came back in, Wheezy was passed the fuck out. For a split second, I actually thought maybe she was dead. She just felt like the rest of us do after a long over due snow day.....

Comments

Loopy said…
Oooo!!! Please tell me the young'uns rode the trash can lid of doom!!!??
Or skateboard minus wheels?
There is NOTHING finer than hillbilly sledding!
Glad you guys finally got your snow! Yippie!
No trash can lids, but lids to crates we have....almost as good! The girl also pulled out her skateboard, but wouldn't let me take the wheels and trucks off....she said she wanted to skateboard in the snow....not snowboard....that didn't turn out so good!
Lori said…
That pic of wheezy is soooo awesome!
Thanks Lori! I get a lot of great shots of her.

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s

Fluffidermy!

I would say 90% of my friends are into buyin' taxidermy. The stuff that lined the walls of my family's homes is more popular than ever! The difference bein' that my family shot that junk themselves and proudly displayed their trophies and ate the rest.... Seein' as how the closest I get to huntin' is huntin' the best deals possible on groceries and I can barely afford toilet paper these days taxidermy ain't gonna find itself to the already awesome walls of my house anytime soon. HOWEVER...... You know, I've been makin' my Battle Scrarred Bears again and in the midst of all the hubub over taxidermy, I decided to start puttin' their sweet little heads on plaques.....and voila!......my own dadgum taxidermy........FLUFFIDERMY!!! I've seen lots of other crafty made....uhhhh....idermy, and even proudly display feltidermy by girlsavage on one of my walls. Fluffidermy is my spin on the awesome that is stuffed craft ...idermy!.....and dammit....ev