Skip to main content

Drive Invasion 2009

On Sunday, we all got up at the ass crack o' dawn to get ready to head down to Drive Invasion. Even though I went to bed around midnight I probably had maybe 4 hours of sleep because I was so excited.



I dragged ass, made breakfast for everyone and checked to make sure we had everything loaded in the car that we needed. The plan was to leave at 8am sharp. I'm sure our neighbors loved us. Eight o'clock in the mornin' and we had a several bikes and my loud as car idlin' in the cul-de-sac waitin' on one person. Sorry neighbors.

We got to the Drive In just a little after 9 and the line was already out to the road. The whole point of me leavin' so early is so I can avoid that long line, because the process of actually gettin' in the gate is a long one (when you're in an old ass car that wants to overheat). After about 5 minutes in line I had to turn the heat on so Bess could cool down a bit...awesome. Thankfully the line moved a little faster than past years, but I was sweatin' my ass off by the time we made our way down the hill.

Once I figured out where I was gonna park, my car just kinda died. She was done. THEN some parkin' nazi comes up and tells me I gotta move over, I'm crossin' the yellow line, takin' up more space than I should. I wanted to tell him to go kick some fuckin' rocks. My car was DONE for a while...let the bitch rest, DAMN....but I just gave him my best evil eye and got back in my car. I had 5 gallons of pink drink in my trunk waitin' on me and the longer I stood there and argued with the dude, the longer it would've taken for me to get to it.


Fifteen minutes later and with the help of some boys pushin', I successfully moved Bess over the 4 inches the parkin' nazi insisted upon.....then I decided I wanted to turn my car around to face the other direction. Poor girl. By 9:30 I got my shit situated and started my first cup of the pink drink.


Over the next hour, the people poured in and we actually managed to all park together this year.....



For some crazy reason, I just didn't take as many pictures as I usually do. Normally I have well over 300 pictures for the two days. Even though it was only one day this year, I think I only took just over 60. Nuts.

So here's some of them......

Two of my favorite people....



Rock 'n Roll Tiger......


Drunk bitches....

Bess makin' boys look tough....

Wanda Jackson.

Gettin' purdy...
Part of the parkin' lot......
The only one of us that actually represented.....
More bitches......


Cars....

More cars.....

Bikes and cars....

I sure do wish I had one of these to take with me every year so I could just stay the night....

My hot ass man....
The lovely view of Mt. Trashmore....
The crowd......
Our awesome ghetto grill....
Then end....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Seriously, the picture of John MAJORLY checking out my butt is hilarious. Tonsafun this year!!
Tiffany said…
I wish we could do that multiple times a year! So much fun! Sorry I couldn't partake in the pink drink, but considerin' I had my youngin's with me, I had to be somewhat sober...although I was pretty buzzed!

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s

Fluffidermy!

I would say 90% of my friends are into buyin' taxidermy. The stuff that lined the walls of my family's homes is more popular than ever! The difference bein' that my family shot that junk themselves and proudly displayed their trophies and ate the rest.... Seein' as how the closest I get to huntin' is huntin' the best deals possible on groceries and I can barely afford toilet paper these days taxidermy ain't gonna find itself to the already awesome walls of my house anytime soon. HOWEVER...... You know, I've been makin' my Battle Scrarred Bears again and in the midst of all the hubub over taxidermy, I decided to start puttin' their sweet little heads on plaques.....and voila!......my own dadgum taxidermy........FLUFFIDERMY!!! I've seen lots of other crafty made....uhhhh....idermy, and even proudly display feltidermy by girlsavage on one of my walls. Fluffidermy is my spin on the awesome that is stuffed craft ...idermy!.....and dammit....ev