Sunday, September 16, 2007

My First Show!!!!

The East Atlanta Strut was this weekend and I had a total blast! My first show was a total success and I can't wait to do it again!

The weather was just about perfect and I had an awesome friend that came to help me....well....she kinda took over really. Without her, I woulda been a complete spaz. I was really lucky to have her there!

The crowd was a good one. It was a little slow in the morning, but once the parade ended people just came from all directions. I think I did get a bit overwhelmed at times, but nothing a little gin and tonic didn't fix!

I had some GREAT neighbors. They were A LOT of fun. I'll have to post a link to her shop once I find her card. She had some really cute stuff!

My best sellers BY FAR were my Battle Scarred Bears. They were gone FAST. I really got a lot of compliments on everything and heard a lot of "wow you're really under pricing your things". I was so happy to hear some good feedback. You know, you kinda go in and wonder if anybody will like your creations as much as you do. I did, of course, have a bit a separation anxiety which I knew I would. You kinda get used to seeing all these cute little faces looking at you all the time and then one day they're just not there. I know they all went to fantastic homes though.

Thanks again everyone! I hope to do another show before Christmas so I will of course keep everyone posted. I'll also start putting a lot more in my etsy shop, so you'll have to check it out!

10 comments:

Stitchblade Etsy said...

I knew you would do good, just had no idea how good! Congratulations!!!

Susan Chastain Hulbert said...

Hi! I found you on the etsy forum. Congratulations on the show! Cute stuff and really fun pix!

Ivey HandCrafted said...

Awesome - I am so happy for you!

XOXO

art4friends said...

oh shows are so much fun i had my first on sat!!! as mentioned in my blog
but it looks like a lot of fun well done!

'Cuz I Felt Like It! said...

Thanks everyone! I CAN'T wait to do another show! I just gotta get inventory back up. I'm about to sprout some serious wings and start flyin' show watch out!

DancingDoodles said...

Your booth looks great! And so glad to hear you did well! I'm hoping to do a show here soon, but oh my goodness, I need to get 'creating'... I just can't seem to get motivated lately... maybe I should go to the craft store... lol...
;)
Congratulations!!

J-Mi said...

Hi. Congrats on a great show :) Great pics, cute kids, & funny car :) Thanks for reading my blog :)

EyePopArt said...

Congratulations! Your booth looks good.

intergalacticrose said...

Nice set-up....I love your banner!!

Katie said...

Yea for your first show - great set-up and great stuff!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blogger design by Stitchblade Designs