Skip to main content

Labor Day Weekend Means It's Time for the Drive Invasion...OWWWWWW!

It's the finnnnaaaalllll countdown (I totally just sang that). Only FIVE MORE DAYS until the Drive Invasion! For all y'all that've never been and don't even know what it is, you're MAJORLY missin' out!
Drive Invasion is hundreds and hundreds of classic cars, hot rods and bikes (and even more people!) pilin' into the Starlight Six Drive In on Moreland in Atlanta to enjoy the cars, bands, booze, hot sluts, and whatever else.

It's usually a solid two days of drunken debauchery, but this year it's sadly only one day (and still $28...wah, wah)....that just means we gotta fit two days of drinkin' into one.

Once the sun goes down, the movies start. Not that I've ever actually seen any of them. This year I know one of the movies playin' is the Blues Brothers...good movie, good movie, but I'm sure I still won't be seein' it.
The Drive Invasion is the party of the year and I hope it comes close to the awesomeness of the one's in the past!




















Comments

You have some good shots. we're counting down the days as well. And Wanda is playing this year which also makes it like a million time awesomer! See you on sunday
Lana said…
the pool in the parking lot is genius!! i've heard of bike week in myrtle beach, but this looks like more fun because you have to squeeze it all into a day or two.
Lana,

Drive Invasion kicks bike week's ass!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh me, oh my! I am so excited. Can't wait for the new craziness a'la' photos that'll surface this year!!!! We're bringin' an inflatable mattress with us just in case it gets too insane and we need to camp in the truck haaaaaaa.

FIVE DAYS, BITCHES!!!!!!
Madame Jen said…
I think that's the first time we met! You just got your new camera.

Few more days!!!! whoooooo
Yep, it was the first time we met Jennifer! Awww....memories.....

I can't freakin' WAIT! You'll have to come my way and sample some of my pank drank! I'm bringin' a 5 gallon bucket of it!

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th...

Divine Population Control?

At the risk of losin' readers and majorly pissin' some people off to the point that they're leavin' me long drawn out replies tellin' me what an idiot I am (even if it's over spelling or grammar), I have to write this......I have to know.....am I the only person that has had these certain thoughts come across in my mind? Am I sick and twisted? This earthquake in Haiti....they say it's killed 45,000 to 50,000 people. They also say in a city that was designed to hold 50,000 people, there are 2 million people crammed in. Do you believe in God? Could this be some sort of divine population control? Is God micromanaging forces of nature to tame what is obviously a country that is out of control? The devastation is unfathomable. It's absolutely horrific, but if you believe in God, would it be safe to say that God gave each and every one of those people in that country a brain? Maybe I'm ignorant. Maybe there's some blind force that's holdin' thi...

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s...