Skip to main content

Evolution

A few years ago I went to my second high school's 10 year reunion. I didn't graduate from that school, but I pretty much grew up with all the people that did. Once I was there, I only recognized two people at first. Everyone else just liked like friends of my parents. It was horrifying.


Then from across the room, I saw a girl that I was really pretty close with. I was SO excited to see her and once I got to her she had NO IDEA who the hell I was. Dang dood! NO IDEA! That shit hurt! I know I looked pretty different from the last time she had seem me, but still.....gah....

Looking back over the years, my looks certainly have changed. I've gone from skinny and blondish to marshmellowy and red. It's pretty funny to look back over the years......


Here's me now......



This was a couple years ago when I had taken fat crack. Dear fat crack, I love you and miss you terribly. Even my hair looks skinny....weird.



This is maybe 10 years ago. J was a bouncer at a cowboy bar (HAHAHA.....wish I had a picture of him in his work "outfit"....oh gawd, I'm still freakin' laughin') and we decided to go hang out there one night. Can't remember who all I went with, but it was fun....I think.

This was me in 1994 in my wedding dress that I ended up never actually wearing (I was lucky enough to get to see a friend of mine wear it on her wedding day though). It was the very first dress I tried on. I loved it. I wanted to be fancy and fancy it was. Some people say this was my Madonna faze.


This is also in 1994.....my graduation picture. This was my awkward growin' out the hair faze. You know, after you've had your head shaved for so long and it starts to grow out you go through the "wtf do I do with this shit?" period.

This is 1991 or '92. It's what I had before I grew it out for the "WTF do I do with this shit?" faze.


1990......I was just a baby really. (Curly hair face girl is to protect the identity of those who may not, at this point in their life, want be identified).
This one's from 1988 or '89. I suck at years. This was the dark lipstick and lots of black eyeliner faze. My room was pretty much wallpapered in flyers. I loved it. I wish I still had all those flyers.
Now.....last, but definitely NOT least........

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Are you ready for the ABSOLUTE AWESOMEST PICTURE EVER of ME???

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Check that shit! Stick figure pale ass body all oiled up for the inevitable sunburn. Dude I had lines shaved in the side of my head AND my eyebrows! I rocked the hell outta my Cyndi Lauper hair cut. You know you're totally jealous.
I know there's a lot more awesomeness all hidden in boxes and photo albums. If I ever make it through them, I'll share some more.

Comments

this is a great post! Thanks for sharing. it makes me want to look through my old photos
Julie Bling Bling said…
I friggin love your blogs Jessica... thank you from the bottom of my belly for the laugh that just came out. Keep it up!
Tara Lea said…
Hahaha I love seeing old pics and FYI I was with you at the cowboy ride the bull bar. I still have my pic! I always tell Rocky I am not a very rememberable person and well...... that just proved it :(
Lori said…
Awwww, you were adorable forEVER! I wish I wasn;t embarrassed of my younger days photos!

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th...

Divine Population Control?

At the risk of losin' readers and majorly pissin' some people off to the point that they're leavin' me long drawn out replies tellin' me what an idiot I am (even if it's over spelling or grammar), I have to write this......I have to know.....am I the only person that has had these certain thoughts come across in my mind? Am I sick and twisted? This earthquake in Haiti....they say it's killed 45,000 to 50,000 people. They also say in a city that was designed to hold 50,000 people, there are 2 million people crammed in. Do you believe in God? Could this be some sort of divine population control? Is God micromanaging forces of nature to tame what is obviously a country that is out of control? The devastation is unfathomable. It's absolutely horrific, but if you believe in God, would it be safe to say that God gave each and every one of those people in that country a brain? Maybe I'm ignorant. Maybe there's some blind force that's holdin' thi...

East Atlanta Strut 2010

I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut . It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show. After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em. I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his s...