Skip to main content

East Atlanta Strut 2010


I've been sewin' my fingers off tryin' to get ready for the East Atlanta Strut. It was the first show I had ever done and it was a BLAST! Bein' used to your standard kinda craft shows, you know the ones.....wood cut into silly stuff, marsh mellow guns, lace and potpourri, you can imagine my excitement when I was accepted to do the Strut, which ain't your mama's craft show.

After three years, I've decided to give it a go again. I've really focused on my bears since that's what I really enjoy makin' and it's what everyone seemed to like best. You definitely won't find anything else like 'em out there! They're all sad lookin' and junk.....and people wanna hug 'em when they see 'em.

I started sewin' these guys three years ago and after readin' an article in a magazine about a man that went to war, was burned badly while there and came home to his finance, married her and made babies with her despite all his scars, I was inspired to make the Battle Scarred. Most of 'em are missin' limbs and are just beggin' to be loved.

"We all have scars. Some are in the inside, some are on the outside, but no matter what, we all still need to be loved!"



This year, I'll have some of my aprons made outta vintage pillow cases.....



Some Christmas stockings.....



and rings made outta vintage buttons......

Life has definitely been crazy lately, so I hope to really do well at the show! Can't freakin' wait! See y'all the 18th!

Comments

Madame Jen said…
You are way too cool, momma! Can't wait! xo
Lori said…
I have that blue floral pattern that the apron s made from. i just have a sheet but i am sure its the same thing!
Sally Darling said…
Hello!
Where can I buy one of your darling "get well" bears? I MUST have one. My cousin who's pretty darn young has cancer, and I want to give her one of these darling bears? Can you tell me how to get one?

Popular posts from this blog

June 28 - I Heart Faces Pet Entry

I know, I know....it's be FOREVER since I last posted, but life has majorly gotten in the way. Lots and lots of ups and downs....well mostly downs, but who am I to complain? ....and I'm totally not about to be a Debbie Downer and start whinin '..... that'll come later...I promise.....I'm doin ' this here post ' cuz I wanna have an awesome picture of our ol ' Wheezy Lee and Vin to be posted on the I Heart Faces Blog . It's my first time and Lord knows I probably ain't gonna get it right the first 1,600 times I try, but I'm gonna give it a go anyhow. Despite life totally suckin ' these days, I do have a constant source of entertainment....when she's not being a total crappin ' machine that is..... I introduced Wheezy Lee to y'all a while back and she's been growin ' like mad. To catch you up on everything you've missed, she hates swimmin ' despite my best efforts....she refuses to be crate trained.....she th...

Divine Population Control?

At the risk of losin' readers and majorly pissin' some people off to the point that they're leavin' me long drawn out replies tellin' me what an idiot I am (even if it's over spelling or grammar), I have to write this......I have to know.....am I the only person that has had these certain thoughts come across in my mind? Am I sick and twisted? This earthquake in Haiti....they say it's killed 45,000 to 50,000 people. They also say in a city that was designed to hold 50,000 people, there are 2 million people crammed in. Do you believe in God? Could this be some sort of divine population control? Is God micromanaging forces of nature to tame what is obviously a country that is out of control? The devastation is unfathomable. It's absolutely horrific, but if you believe in God, would it be safe to say that God gave each and every one of those people in that country a brain? Maybe I'm ignorant. Maybe there's some blind force that's holdin' thi...